Press "Enter" to skip to content

Yobe Govt. Seeks Refund of N15 Billion Spent on Insurgency

The Yobe Government on Monday said it would seek the refund of N15 billion spent in support of the fight against insurgency from 2011 to date, from the Federal Government.

Governor Ibrahim Gaidam stated this when the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Abdu Bulama, paid him a courtesy visit in Damaturu.

Represented by his deputy, Alhaji Abubakar Ali, the governor said the request for the fund had been made long ago, but that no response yet.

“We still believe the federal government can do something and, you can use your position as minister to influence the refund of the money spent by the state government, from the federal government,” Gaidam said.

The minister said he was leading an assessment committee to authenticate and provide government with detailed report for a guide on areas of immediate assistance to the people

“The report of the committee is to guide government on areas of intervention, to create the enabling environment for the people to relocate to the liberated areas.

“We will provide report for immediate/short term, medium and long term intervention by government to facilitate their relocation.

“The committee was in Gulani and Gujba local government areas, we saw people moving back in Gulani but, the situation in Buni Yadi the headquarters of Gujba Local Government Area is still not good for people to return immediately.

“Although this administration is about winding up, it can still provide short term measures to provide succour and assist the people in relocating back to their liberated communities,” Bulama said.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: