Losing weight is a gradual process and not a day thing but most people don’t understand that point. Rome was not built in a day so one has to be patient when trying to lose weight. Weight is not all about food, so while trying to lose weight, do not starve yourself because starving yourself will only lead to some other sickness in the body. You could try healthy diet and lots of exercise instead.
Here are some tips to burn stored fats in the body
1. Stop emotional eating: Emotional eating means eating for comfort not because you are hungry. Some people eat junks like chips and cookies when they are angry, sad, depressed or anxious in order to relieve themselves not taking note of the fact that those things they eat make them gain weight. Instead of taking unhealthy food to find comfort, try new things or find new hobbies like talking to someone, reading or taking a walk to stop emotional eating. Also make sure you wait until your stomach rumbles before you reach your food.
2. Cut back on carbohydrate: Carbohydrate especially starch and sugar should either be reduced or cut off for weight loss. Carbohydrate stimulates secretion of insulin and insulin is the main fats storage hormone in the body. Therefore insulin goes down when carbohydrate reduces and fats have an easier time getting out of fats stores, then body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrate. Reduction of insulin also helps the kidney shed excess sodium and water out of the body which reduces unnecessary water weight. Removing sugar and starch from your diet will lower your insulin level, and reduce your appetite and male you lose weight without hunger.
3. Avoid sugar and sugar-sweetened beverages: Studies have showed that excess sugar has harmful effect on the health. Sugar contains half glucose, half fructose. Fructose can only can only be metabolize by the liver, so when you eat a lot of refined sugar, the liver gets flooded with fructose and it is forced to turn it all into fat. Sugar increases belly fat and liver fat, which leads to insulin resistance and gaining of more weight. Sugar, sugar-sweetened beverages and fruit juice should be minimized to lose belly fat and body weight. It is advisable to eat fruit instead of drinking fruit juice.
4. Eat more protein: Adding protein to your diet is beneficial for weight loss. Protein in your diet leads to satiety. It reduces craving, boosts metabolism and helps you eat fewer. Protein will not only help you lose weight but also help you avoid regaining weight. High protein diet can also reduce obsessive thoughts about food, reduce calorie intake, reduce desire for late night snacking and make you full. Some protein sources that are good for your body are beef, chicken, bacon, lamb, pork, fish, shrimps and eggs.
5. Take a lot of vegetables: Eating a lot of vegetables to lose weight is a smart idea because they contain fiber, vitamins; minerals that you need to stay healthy. You could have tons of vegetables to snack on your fridge making healthier choice for weight loss. Vegetables that are best for losing weight includes:
Onions: They contain a flavonoid that increase blood flow and activate protein in the body. There are low-cal and could be used for about anything from burgers, soups, salads, rice and sandwiches.
Cucumber: It is extremely low in calories and contains lot of water. It is one of the best vegetables for weight loss. It could be served up in salad.
Potatoes: Potatoes are more nutritious when we eat them cold. You would be missing its fat –fighting super powers when you eat them hot. Their digestible starches turn into resistance starches when cold and it promotes fat oxidation and adnominal fat reduction. Other vegetables are chill pepper, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and many others.
6. Exercise: It is recommended to exercise to lose weight and belly fats because of the effectiveness. Aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, running, swimming have been positive towards reduction of belly weights and body weight. You could lift weight as least three times a week. By lifting weight, you will burn a few calories and if lifting weight is not an option for you, try other exercises.
7. Self-discipline: This is the remote control of all tips. If you cannot discipline yourself to avoid some certain foods that you are not to eat then the chances of you losing it is low. You need to learn self- control to achieve your desired body shape and weight. Also, the self-discipline will help you to stop emotional eating and eating more calories than you can burn.