The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali, has given assurance that the Federal Government would spare no effort in protecting Nigerians in South Africa against any form of xenophobic attack.
He spoke to State House correspondents on Thursday against the background of reported attacks on non-nationals by locals in South Africa.
He said the head of Nigerian mission in South Africa had taken precautionary measures by instructing Nigerian nationals to remain indoor and shut down their businesses until normalcy is returned.
According to the minister, the South African authorities have also stepped into the matter with a view to ending the unrest.
He said: “With the discussions I have been having with Nigeria’s Head of Mission in Pretoria, no Nigerian has so far been affected.
“They informed me that they have called the Nigerian community and addressed them and told them to close their shops, stay home and keep out of trouble and obey the laws of South Africa.