There are so many things that really works for our health aside drugs that most people don’t know. Many times we rush to the doctors or the pharmacists for drugs for any ailment, but we have not put any of our home remedies into consideration, or even think they can work for us in anyway aside their normal functions. But there are some home remedies that actually work better than we think.
Here are some weird home remedies you may never think of:
- Tomatoes cures acne: The tomato has several qualities that make it a good source of treatment for various minor ailments. The fruit possesses high levels of vitamins C and A, antioxidants and acidic content. These elements are especially useful when treating acne. Tomatoes have a lot of vitamins C and A, antioxidants and acidic content, so they can be used to treat a variety of minor skin ailments. This cure is especially good for oily skin. Mash one small tomato into a pulp, then spread the pulp on your face and let it sit for one hour. Wash it off with tepid water and pat dry. Repeat once a day for a week.
- Biting on a pencil cures headaches: Many people have headaches due to different reasons, some through stress, lack of enough sleep, some are cause by noise, or sinus pressure. But by biting on your pencil can cure your headaches in place of your paracetamol or Panadol. Tension headaches can often arise from unconsciously clenching your jaw. Gently holding a pencil between your teeth forces your jaw muscles to relax, easing your headache. When we are stressed, we naturally clench our teeth, which can cause strain to the muscle connecting the jaw to the temples. By putting a pencil between the teeth, it effectively unclenches the jaw and can help alleviate the stress.
III. Sugar stops hiccups: Hiccups are annoying, but now you can stop them within one minute simply by swallowing a teaspoon full of dry sugar. Experts believe that the sudden sweetness on the tongue overloads the nerve endings in the mouth and stops the hiccup spasm. The sugar is believed to modify the nerve muscles that would otherwise tell the muscles in the diaphragm to contract spasmodically and contribute to hiccups. But don’t overdo it! Sugar addiction is real, and too much can seriously mess with your health.
- IPod can reduce your high blood pressure: Thirty minutes of the right tunes every day can help lower BP, according to research from the University of Florence in Italy. Researchers found that people on a medication for hypertension further lowered their blood pressure after they listened to music while breathing slowly. Systolic readings (the first number) decreased an average of 3.2 points in a week; a month later, readings were down 4.4 points.
- V. Olive oil and lemon cures sea sickness: Motion sickness causes you to produce excess saliva, which can make you nauseated, some doctors say. Compounds in olives called tannins dry out your mouth and can help soothe the queasiest. Pop a couple at the first hint of nausea; sucking on a lemon can also do the trick.
- Duct tapes cures wart: Yes, this really does work! Covering warts with duct tape eliminates them better than freezing them off, according to a study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. In the study, the duct tape eliminated 85% of the warts after 2 months, compared with 60% with the freezing method. To use duct tape safely, clean the area. Then cut a piece of duct tape to a size slightly bigger than the wart. Apply the duct tape to the site and rub into place. Every 3 days, remove the tape and file down dead skin with a pumice stone or nail file. Repeat until the wart disappears. Chemicals in the tape suffocate and kill the wart.
VII. Vegetable oil cure brittle nails: In order to really fix dry nails, you have to address the problem of too-little moisture. In addition to using hand lotion regularly, try this nighttime treatment from dermatologist Dee Anna Glaser, MD: Before you go to bed, apply vegetable oil to your hands, then put on vinyl gloves or wrap your hands in plastic wrap to keep the oil off your bedding. The hand coverings force the oil to penetrate your skin, preventing your hands and nails from getting too dry.
VIII. Listerine cures toenail fungus: Listerine can feasibly work as a toenail fungus treatment by utilizing the various antiseptic properties of different alcohols and other substances found in the mouthwash. Fill up a small basin with enough Listerine in which to submerge the affected toenails and let soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this process two times a day until toenails fully heal. This process requires dedication, as it could take months to fully heal the infected toes.
- Olive oil cures eczema: After a shower, while your skin is still moist, cover the entire area of eczema with Extra Virgin Olive Oil until the oil completely coats the skin. It is recommended to pour the olive oil into a small bowl or dish for easiest application. It is most effective to apply before bedtime, as your skin is most actively working while you sleep to absorb the healing benefits of the oil. Keep in mind that due to our unique individual chemical compositions, each person’s skin will react differently than another’s. While olive oil may actually cure eczema, it may simply reduce the symptoms for others. Regardless, olive oil is certain to deeply moisturize and lessen the severity of these conditions.