Niger State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the death of seven women. Preliminary investigations reveal that they may have died from generator fume.
Adamu Usman, Commissioner of Police (CP), made the confirmation to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna. The tragedy occurred on Friday at Rijau town in Rijau Local Government Area, Niger State.
He said Alhaji Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau, reported the incident at Rijau Divisional Police Office.
Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop. We moved the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation,” Usman said.
The CP advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators.
Daily Times gathered that he also mentioned that this would forestall loss of lives and property.