Scared of attack, court adjourns Offa robbery case abruptly Press "Enter" to skip to content

Scared of attack, court adjourns Offa robbery case abruptly

Our reporter

The resumed trial of accused persons allegedly involved in the Off bank robbery last year before a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin on Thursday was adjourned abruptly, with the judge citing security concerns.

One of the prosecution witnesses, Hitila Hassan, had given his evidence in chief and was cross-examined by the defense counsel, Mathias Emeribe. The court had commenced sitting on the case at about 9 am with the continuation of hearing.

Justice Halimat Salman, who however, announced the adjournment of the case, said-”Reports reaching us are not favourable for the continuation of the case today. I don’t have anything doing but the court has to rise for the case to continue tomorrow.

”For the security of the suspects and all of us here, I have to rise. May God spare our lives till tomorrow for the continuation of hearing,” he said.

Five accused persons are standing trial in connection with the bloody April 5, 2018 robbery attack in Offa. They are Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibikunle Ogunleye, Adeola Abraham, Salaudeen Azeez and Niyi Ogundiran.

shares