The Military Task Force in Jos, Plateau State otherwise known as Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), has paraded seven suspects in connection with the recent killings in the local communities of Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of the state.
Parading the suspects on Tuesday at the OPHS Headquaters in Jos, the Director of Defence Information (DDI), Brigadier General John Agim, said the suspects were arrested due to intelligence gathering and that investigation will be conducted and those found wanting would be handed over to the police for prosecution.
He said, “in continuation of our intelligence gathering and investigation of the violence that occurred last month, our troops are still arresting those who were involved in the attacks.
“Two of the suspects which our intelligence gathering led us to have been arrested and after this parade we will hand them over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.
“Ibrahim Joji and Madu Ibrahim, were part of those who attacked Jeregum village on June 23: we also have three others who are Shuaibu Suleiman, Buhari Shuaibu and Zakarmin Abdulkadir, who attacked Josho village in Bokkos local government area on July 14.
“All seven of them have just been arrested and we shall be handing them over to the police; our intelligence are working round the clock to ensure that all those involved in the attacks of all the villages are arrested and treated according to the law,” he added.
Brigadier Agim said the suspects were not arrested with any weapon, but that intelligence gathering revealed that they were part of the people attacking the villages, adding that they will go after the others wherever they are hiding.
He also disclosed that the suspects will be tried in Jos, explaining that all seven of them will be tried alongside the 11 suspects that were paraded last week.