Boko Haram Beheads Two Men Accused Of Spying In New Video

0

Members of the outlawed Boko sect have beheaded two men alleged to be spies in a new video posted by the Islamic extremist sect on Monday.
The video which is titled “Harvest of Spies” was posted on Monday via Twitter by Boko Haram’s new media arm. The video is much horrid than previous ones and according to intelligence group,  SITE,  it borrows certain elements from IS productions, such as the sound of a beating heart and heavy breathing immediately before the execution.

The gruesome video shows a man identified as Dawoud Muhammad of Baga city on his knees in the bush before several armed and masked fighters. In response to questions, Muhammad says a police officer paid him N5,000   to spy and promised to make him so rich he would never have to farm again. The other man is identified as Muhammad Awlu.

The video does not show the actual beheadings but the two bodies after the executions, with heads on the chests.

Boko Haram previously published only one beheading, of a Nigerian fighter pilot whose plane went missing in September. According to the Council on Foreign Affairs, Boko Haram attacks claimed over 10,000 lives in Nigeria last year and at least 1.6 million people have been driven from their homes in the group’s brutal 6-year uprising to create an Islamic state in Nigeria.

Boko Haram began emulating the Islamic State group, IS last August, declaring it had established an Islamic caliphate in territory it controls in northeastern Nigeria. They said in social media messages last month that it is considering swearing allegiance to IS.

In a major turnabout, Nigeria’s military in recent weeks has wrested back a score of towns and villages that had been under the control of the insurgents for months. Also Chadian military also recently killed over 200 Boko Haram insurgent last week.

Leave a Reply