Kidnappers kill DSS operative after collecting ₦5m

Kidnappers kill DSS operative after collecting ₦5m

Sadiq Abdullahi Bindawa, a 33-year-old Department of State Services (DSS) operative, was killed by his alleged abductors after obtaining the amount of ₦5 million as ransom.

The deceased, who until his death, worked with the intelligence department of the service in Abuja, was kidnapped on Saturday at his residence behind federal secretariat in Katsina metropolis.

Late Bindawa alongside his four-year-old son, according to credible family sources, were in Katsina last Friday to spend the weekend with their relatives when the gory incident occurred.

The assailants in a commando-style operation stormed the residence of the victim at about 10:30 pm and whisked him away to an unknown destination.

A family member, who craved anonymity, told THISDAY on Tuesday that the hoodlums demanded a ransom barely 48 hours after his abduction.

The source said the kidnappers earlier demanded ₦13 million as ransom, but after a series of pleading and negotiations, they agreed to ₦5 million for his freedom.

He said: “He was about entering his residence behind federal secretariat on Saturday night at about 10:30 pm after returning from our family house when the kidnappers forcefully removed him from his car after beating his security guard to a coma. We reported the incident to Batagarawa police station but nothing was done.

“On Sunday, the kidnappers called through his phone line and demanded ₦13 million as ransom before they will release him, but after a series of pleading and negotiations, they agreed to ₦5 million and said we should meet them in Charanchi and give them the money.

READ ALSO: Third DSS invitation was irrelevant — Mailafia tells supporters

“We took the ₦5 million to them on Sunday in Charanchi as negotiated. After the payment, they said we should go and receive him in Kurfi town on Monday morning. But when we reached there, we met his dead body with multiple gunshots on his head, ears and back. We buried him yesterday (Monday).”

As gathered by Daily Times, the Katsina State Police Command was yet to respond to inquiries as of the time of filing this report.

About the author

Oluwadamilola Adedeji

Leave a Comment