Nowadays, a lot of relationships seem to the going down the drain. While others blame each other for such loss, others cannot fathom what led to the short stayed relationship. Also there are some relationships which have gone sour but cannot leave because of what society will think and say.
Again, there are relationships that have lasted long and both partners are still enjoying every moment they spend with each other.
The truth is no relationship is perfect all the time. But in a healthy relationship, both people feel good about the relationship most of the time. A great relationship takes more than attraction. A great relationship also requires work and willingness from both partners to make it work.
To build a strong healthy relationship,
1. Love yourself. Being comfortable with who you are means you’ll be a happier partner. Your relationship with yourself is the most defining factor in shaping the kind of life you live, especially towards your relationship. The less you love yourself, listen to yourself, and understand yourself, the more confused, angry, and frustrating your reality will be which you will in a way affect your partner.
2. Communicate: Communication is one of the key factors to a long lasting relationship. Always discuss with your partner about your feelings. Ask questions and listen to their answers. If you’re upset, say so; don’t make your partner try to figure out what is going on.again, it’s not all about how to deal with your problems,don’t forget to let them know when something they do makes you happy.
3. Understand each other: love is important in a relationship but understanding one another is more important. . Understand that every individual has his/her faults, weakness and strength, learn to adapt to them
If a particular behavior of your partner does not suite you, let him/her about it, and work towards correcting it together.
4. Be honest. Always be truthful. Few things harm a relationship more than lies. Be truthful with each other about what you do, think, and feel. Honesty creates trust. Few things harm a relationship more than lies.
5. Give each other some space. Do not choke each other. Make way for space. Couple’s time is great, but spending ALL your time together isn’t it.
It’s healthy to have your own friends and interests outside of the relationship. You could also get engaged in things that will take your time and not give room for choking. In summary, give room for your partner to miss you.
5. Agree to disagree. You’re not always going to see eye to eye, and that’s OK. The important thing is to respect each other’s opinions and ideas.
6. Forgive and ask for forgiveness. Everybody makes mistakes. Be willing to apologize for yours , and accept your partner’s apologies.
7. Support each other. When your partner does something great, tell them. Your partner should do the same for you. Support your partner’s interest and cause.