Chris Brown's Battery Case Closed

0

A battery case against Chris brown has been dropped. The man who said he was punched by the singer during a basketball game in Las Vegas has declined to pursue charges.

The Police wanted to talk to Brown, who had been named as a suspect in the battery case on Monday.

“The victim alleging that he was battered by recording artist Chris Brown has told LVMPD detectives that he no longer wants to go forward with criminal charges,” police said in a statement Tuesday.

The man told police he was playing basketball at the Palms Casino Resort when an argument broke out and Brown punched him. When he prepared to defend himself, he said, another man who was with Brown hit him.

“A verbal altercation on the court led to a physical fight and the victim was punched by another male subject who was later identified as 25-year-old recording artist Chris Brown,” police said in a news release.

Meanwhile. Chris Brown denied being involved in the confrontation through his publicist:

“Chris is currently in Las Vegas as he is performing at Drai’s on May 5th and receiving a Key to the Strip that day as well. He has a suite at the hotel that has a basketball court and invited friends to come play. An unruly individual showed up uninvited and was removed from the premises. Chris was not in an altercation with this person.”

The alleged victim was treated for injuries at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and was released.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police detectives gave Chris the option of signing a citation for misdemeanour battery, or having the case submitted for prosecution.

But now, they would no longer pursue charges.‎

Leave a Reply