Press "Enter" to skip to content

3 Die after Consuming Ogogoro in Ondo

Despite the ban on the consumption of the local dry gin, otherwise known as Ogogoro in Ondo State, three persons who consumed the substance at Oka Moto Park, in Ondo town have died.

A source in the town, who wanted anonymity, told Daily Times on Wednesday that the deceased, a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), a local electrician, and one other unknown worker in the motor park, were the three dead people.

The source disclosed that the trio complained bitterly of hurting stomach ache before they all became unconscious, after consuming the local dry gin.

“After they have consumed the Ogogoro, they began complaining of stomach ache and were unconscious. We try to help out by giving them local antidotes but it didn’t work. Unfortunately, they all died”, the source said.


Also, a Union member at the motor park confirmed the incident to Daily Times and expressed sadness over the unfortunate death of the victims.

“Honestly, their death was surprising and we could only attributed the consumption of local dry gin which we called “Ogogoro” to what killed them.

“Consuming the dry gin is not new here at the motor park because we drink it mostly every day and it has not harmed us. Their death was really shocking and surprising”, he said.



Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: